Nowadays the need to have a vehicle tracking system has increased rapidly. The vehicle tracking system is designed to know the position of the vehicle. A tracking system is developed by using GPS and GSM modules to locate the user’s vehicle easily.
GPS module is used to track the location of the vehicle in the form of values such as latitude and longitude. These systems will facilitate the user to determine the actual location of the vehicle, it’s tentative arrival time, and the speed. The vehicle tracking system leverages the Global Positioning System (GPS) to provide the exact location data.
Our fleet solutions have helped many vehicle businessess in automating the operations while reducing the cost.
Let’s check out how our Fleet Management can benefit your business.
6 Features for Live Tracking Applications
There are so many vehicle tracking systems & applications available in the market and among them, it became very difficult for the intended audience to pick the best one which will be able to cater to their needs.
We are briefing out some of the cool features which are necessary to fulfill users’ expectations to have a full-fledged system to manage their vehicles or fleets.
1. Live/Real-Time Tracking
With the integration of the GPS tracking device. It becomes very easy to track the vehicle in real-time. This will help users to track the movement of vehicles from one point to another over a map. The speed of the vehicle can also be monitored with this functionality. The interface should be intuitive and easy to use enabling the management of multiple vehicles simultaneously.
2. Trip Information
The application should have an interface to display the list of the trips made by the vehicle on the map. The system should be capable enough to display information like distance traveled, stoppages, speed, etc.
3. Notifications and Alerts
The best part of the tracking solution is that it keeps the users connected by sending notifications. The system will send instant notifications for various activities performed like overspeeding alert, Trip start alert, route deviation alert, and excessive stoppage alert, etc.
4. Access platform from anywhere at anytime
In today’s connected world it becomes very easy to have each information at fingertips. Users can access the desired data on the web or apps, especially for vehicle tracking parents can easily track the school bus or the vehicles carrying their children, Fleet managers can keep track of their fleet location. The simple whenever anyplace access with easy-to-understand application keeps you in the stream with your vehicle’s movement continuously regardless of where you are.
The Geofence functionality allows users to manage the geographical boundaries around the interesting area. Users will receive notifications when the vehicle enters or leaves the marked points or the locations.
6. View Reports
This easy-to-use platform allows users to manage the fleets owned. They will be able to generate various records or reports for the vehicles. Fleet managers or vehicle owners will be able to track and analyze information on their vehicles over a while.
This will help users to generate various graphical reports based on total distance traveled, idle time, overspeeding, stoppages, and utilization.
Are you looking for a feature-pack tracking app for your next project?
Key Benefits of Vehicle Tracking Application
1. Maximize Vehicle Utilization – This will help the fleet managers to manage the utilization of vehicles as overused and underused both can hurt the business. The tracking apps help to know about the usage of the vehicle to avoid any breakdown and improve its maintenance.
2. The reduction is costs like Fuel cost – Excessive Fuel cost has been considered as an important issue for every industry dealing with Transportation services. A vehicle tracking solution helps in optimizing the route for every shipment or delivery trip. This saves fuel consumption even with multiple stops. The cost saved for each trip adds up and helps reduce fuel costs to a great extent.
3. SOS Alerts – The system transmits SOS alerts during an emergency so that appropriate services will be provided at the location.
4. Optimize Financial Management – With the evolvement of GPS technology, it becomes easier to track the profit and loss of the business more easily. This helps you to make a better decision and prepare an appropriate budget for improving as well as making the business successful.
5. Optimize Resources – This tracking system will help to manage the utilization of the resources. By using certain tools such as reports and analytics, you will be able to use resources in real-time efficiently.
Cost for developing a vehicle tracking Application
The cost of the vehicle tracking application depends on the requirement shared like what all features and functionalities do the client requires. Once we will have all the information then with the help of the technology experts we do the calculation of the hours required to execute to have a full-fledged system meeting the expectation of the client.
At Hashstudioz, we include these features in our mobile app and the admin panel dashboard –
For Mobile Apps-
Google Map Integration
Pickup and drop locations
For Admin console-
Google Map Integration
The cost for the development of the application can also be calculated using the below-mentioned formula-
Total Development Cost = Number of hours required for development X Hourly Rate of the developer
Tentative hours required for the development of a vehicle tracking solution with the above-mentioned features will be around 400 hours approximately and may tend to increase or decrease based on the requirements as it may differ from business to business.
GPS-enabled real-time vehicle tracking system is one of the most common applications that communicate traffic information to the web, integrate traffic-related information from other GPS devices, and identify the most efficient route based on the aggregate traffic data.
Hence, having a vehicle tracking system is a good idea which would facilitate better vehicle visibility.
Our solutions provide route efficiency and reduced expenses like fuel consumption along with better safety monitoring.
Hashstudioz has worked with various fleet businesses. While helping them automate their processes we made sure to provide the utmost efficiency & flexibility.